Attention to the closure due to the repair of the footbridge on the instructional side of the Lake Jordan from April 12 to November 2023 - detour routes for download (383 kB, pdf)
Parking in Tábor, especially in the historic center and its surroundings, is difficult. The town is located on a jagged rocky promontory, so parking is limited. It is also densely populated and is seat to many companies and institutions. These so-called residents have their own prepaid parking places.
Places for visitors are concentrated in several locations. Directly in the historic center, the mode of the residential zone is set, where you can park only in reserved places, which are often occupied.
The city center can be reached on foot from the recommended parking lots in about 5-10 minutes. We also recommend using public transport at frequent intervals.
Thank you for your understanding and please be patient. Enjoy the beauty of our city, but please be considerate of its residents.
Parking in Tábor is divided into free parking lots and so-called paid parking areas - there are two of these areas: Old Town and New Town. In addition, some parking places are reserved only for residents (inhabitants with a permanent residence) and organizations with company address in the given area). At some of these places, it is possible to park at certain times after purchasing a parking ticket, information can always be found on the signs placed at these parking places.
You can find a detailed overview of the parking system, including a map, price list and parking fee payment options, on the website of Technické služby Tábor s.r.o.
- Winter Stadium - Václava Soumar Street - GPS 49.4231281N, 14.6527675E, walking distance to the historic center 1.5 km, winter stadium on the map, public transport - 500 m south of the parking lot is the "Nemocnice" bus stop (http://www.comettplus.cz/jr/zas042.cz.html), from there use one of the lines 10, 11, 13, 17 and get off at the stop "Křižíkovo náměstí" (http://www.comettplus.cz/cz/jizdni-rady-mhd-tabor/) – the price of the ticket is 16 CZK, the parking machine is at the stop, on the way back get on at the stop "U Reálky" (http://www.comettplus.cz/jr/zas075.cz.html), you can buy tickets in the info center at Žižka Square, you can also pay by card directly inside the bus
- Swimming Stadium – Kvapilova street – GPS 49.4188369N, 14.6641700E, walking distance to the historic center 1 km, swimming stadium on the map
- Parking lot behind the train station - Vodňanského street, GPS 49.4146453N, 14.6781047E, walking distance to the historic center 1.7 km, parking lot in Vodňanského street on the map, public transport - go through the subway to the bus station - from the side near Husův Park there is a public transport station called "Autobusové nádraží" (http://www.comettplus.cz/jr/zas002.cz.html), for transport to the historic center use line number 61 and get off at the „Žižkovo náměstí“ - the price is 20 CZK and you can buy tickets in the machine at the stop, or in the traffic inside the bus station, on the way back get on at the stop „Žižkovo náměstí“(http://www.comettplus.cz/jr/zas104.cz.html) and get off at the stop "Autobusové nádraží" - the price of the ticket is 20 CZK and you can buy it at the info center on Žižkovo náměstí, you can also pay by card directly inside the bus
Parking center - ČSL armády street
The covered parking building with elevator offers the largest capacity of parking places within the Old Town.
- GPS 49.4138336N, 14.6622742E
- paid parking time: continuously
- the parking fee is CZK 10 per hour, maximum CZK 80 per day
- there is no entry on cars taller than 1.9 m, on LPG and with trolleys
- up-to-date information on free places here
The Old Town is a residential zone, except for the parking lots listed below, parking is prohibited in this zone.
- Paid parking time: Monday–Saturday: 08.00–20.00, Sunday and public holidays: free.
- The price of the parking fee varies depending on the location - you can find the price list of the parking fee on that website: https://www.parkovistetabor.cz/mapa-ops/
- Some parking places are reserved only for residents (inhabitants with permanent residence), in some of them in the area of U Pivovaru and Tržní náměstí, it is possible to park at certain hours after purchasing a parking ticket, information can always be found on the signs placed near these parking places.
Overview of parking places in the Old Town area:
- U pivovaru – ulice Na Parkánech – GPS 49.4123181N, 14.6577997E
- Palackého ulice – GPS 49.4132872N, 14.6624031E
- náměstí Mikuláše z Husi – GPS 49.4141192N, 14.6561167E
- Tržní náměstí – GPS 49.4156650N, 14.6596092E
- Pod Střelnickou zdí – GPS 49.4142300N, 14.6616989E, dočasně omezené parkování
New Town is an area connected to the historical center, the walking distance to Žižkovo náměstí is 5-15 minutes.
Paid parking time: Monday–Friday: 08.00–18.00, Saturday: 08.00–12.00, Sunday and public holidays: free.
The price of the parking fee varies depending on the location - you can find the price list of the parking fee on that website: https://www.parkovistetabor.cz/mapa-ops/
Some parking places are reserved only for residents (inhabitants with permanent residence) - information can always be found on the signs placed near these parking spaces.
Overview of parking spaces in the New Town area:
- Dobrovského ulice – GPS 49.4133064N, 14.6692675E
- U Bechyňské dráhy – GPS 49.4130603N, 14.6771639E
- in front of the ČD railway station – GPS 49.4140286N, 14.6763269E
- Šafaříkova – u sladovny – GPS 49.4148892N, 14.6733308E
- Bílkova ulice – GPS 49.4117464N, 14.6748706E
- Dobrovského ulice – GPS 49.4133064N, 14.6692675E
- covered parking lot under the department store Dvořák – GPS 49.4132678N, 14.6719286E
- ulice 9. května – GPS 49.4125508N, 14.6698119E
- Jeronýmova ulice – GPS 49.4139503N, 14.6734169E
- Valdenská ulice – GPS 49.4146836N, 14.6757214E
- Tabačka (entry from Purkyňova street) – GPS 49.4122850N, 14.6759603E, Paid parking time: Mon-Fri 07.00–18.00 and Sat 07.00–12.00
- Erbenova ulice – GPS 49.4129103N, 14.6721831E
- Kollárova ulice – GPS 49.4133464N, 14.6712389E
- Jiráskova ulice – GPS 49.4133900N, 14.6680525E
- Vančurova ulice – GPS 49.4133747N, 14.6660875E
Parking for caravans
There are currently no plans for an official parking lot for caravans in Tábor. Parking is only possible in campsites and reserved parking spaces. Winter Stadium - Václav Soumar Street - GPS 49.4231281N, 14.6527675E, walking distance to the historic center 1.5 km, winter stadium on the map. Overnight stays are prohibited here!
Tour buses (even double-deckers) can stop in front of Bechyňská brána in Na Parkánech street (GPS: 49.4111028N, 14.6552292E). Only getting on / off and short-term bus parking is possible here (exceptionally related to the closure of the Jordan Lake). Buses can also park in front of the winter stadium in Václava Soumara Street, in 6 reserved parking places (GPS: 49.4231281N, 14.6527675E). This parking lot is free.
Tábor is easily accessible by car, bus and train. In the north-south direction (Prague – České Budějovice) the international road E55 passes through Tábor, in the west-east direction Tábor lies on the route Pilsen – Písek – Tábor – Pelhřimov – Brno. The southern railway corridor Prague - České Budějovice - Linz (A) passes through the city, other lines go to Pelhřimov, Bechyně and Písek.
The train and bus stations are opposite each other. The nearest public transport stop is in front of the bus station hall. The distance of both stations from the historic center is 1.5 km, i.e. approximately 20 minutes by walking.
Bus transport in Tábor, Sezimovo Ústí, Planá nad Lužnicí is operated by Comett Plus, spol. s r. o. Tickets can be purchased at newsstands, in the hall of the bus station and in ticket machines at bus stops (also from the driver for an additional fee), other options are SMS and SEJF tickets and payment by card directly on public transport buses - a ticket marker that enables this payment, it is differentiated by a blue color (the others are orange). After paying by card, a ticket is not issued, and verification is by way of special machine that is available to the transport control staff. Children under 6, physically disabled persons and persons over 70 are transported free of charge. Children aged 6 to 15 and seniors aged 65 to 70 can use discounted tickets. The easiest way to get to the city center is buses No. 11 and 13, which have the shortest intervals (5-10 minutes in peak hours, 20-30 minutes in the evening). Minibuses on line no. 60 and 61 go directly to the historic center of the city. Most of the monuments and interesting places in Tábor can therefore be visited without a car - by public transport. Timetables, transport conditions and public transport tariffs can be found on the Comett Plus website.
Tourist line – to the city center with public transport
The historical center of Tábor is so winding that it must have special buses that can drive through its streets. You can get on at the bus station (lines 60 and 61) and in 10 minutes you are at Žižka Square.
Bus route 60 from the direction of Maredova - Bus station - Žižkovo náměstí - Čelkovice školka
On this route, we recommend that you get on at the „Autobusové nádraží“ stop, the bus continues to the „9. května“ stop (near the botanical garden), „Křižíkovo náměstí“, the „U Střelnice“ stop, „Tržní náměstí“ stop (from where you are just a few steps from the town walls ) and „Žižkovo náměstí“ stop (we recommend getting off here, you are in the very center of the historic center). If you decide to continue, the minibus will take you to the stops „Kotnov“ (here you can visit the observation tower of the castle), „Švehlův most“ (with a beautiful view of Lužnice) and „Pintovka“ (near this stop you can either go down to the Eleonorka spring and go along Lužnice to the Harrachovka footbridge, or join the educational trail in the Pintovka forest park and visit „the forest zoo“ with deer and fallow deer). The end of the route is in the Čelkovice district. If you want to enjoy the view of the mill wheel and walk around the river, get off at the „Čelkovice, Lázně“ stop. It is only 1 kilometer back to the center, but with a big climb, so if you are not a fan of stairs, wait for the next connection in the direction of Maredova.