Renaissance Fountain on Žižka square
Nobody can overlook the fountain in the middle of Žižka Square. It was chiselled by the stonemason Martin of Sušice between the years 1567 and 1568. The fountain was a part of the system that supplied the town with water.
In the middle of the fountain on a little column with a Corinthian head there is a sculpture of a knight which symbolizes the market privileges of the town. According to a legend, the knight is called Koudela or Koudelka, probably after a Hussite captain. The knight is holding a banner in his hand to show that there was a market in the town.