Hospital Chapel of Saint Cross
The chapel, hidden behind the garden of Ctibor's House, was originally dedicated to St. Elizabeth. It adjoins house No. 285 where a town hospital used to be.
Tábor had a hospital already from the very beginning of its history. It was first mentioned in sources in the years 1443 - 1444. The institution took care of the ill, especially the seriously ill, and it also looked after the old and the poor who were homeless. Archaeologists found out that in the pre-Hussite period this site used to be a burial-ground which was proved by some archaeological finds. The chapel itself was built in 1718. After World War II (in 1946) the building was repaired and given over to the Orthodox Church.